Rodeo of the Ozarks Event Center
Springdale Benevolent Foundation, owner of Parsons Stadium and surrounding rodeo grounds has adopted a Master Plan for the entire rodeo grounds property that creates diverse year-round recreational and educational activities for all ages in Northwest Arkansas. Fundraising has begun to construct this $10 million project, with $4.4 million as an immediate goal for much needed upgrades and improvements.
Parsons Stadium, home of the Rodeo of the Ozarks, has been an integral part of Northwest Arkansas for the last 68 years, since 1947. The Rodeo of the Ozarks has grown to be one of the top outdoor rodeos in the country, drawing the nation’s top competitors and fans from all 50 states. Parsons Stadium is much more than a rodeo venue, annually the Stadium hosts and contributes to the State High School Rodeo Finals, FFA competitions, the Stick Horse Rodeo for area 1st graders, Super Cowboy and Super Cowgirl event for special needs children, Jr. Livestock Shows, educational classes provided by Northwest Technical Institute, multicultural events such as concerts and celebrations as well as entertainment such as the annual Demolition Derby, Western Days Bar-B-Q Competition, car shows, carnivals and Easter Egg hunts.
The mission of the Rodeo of the Ozarks Event Center is to provide a unique and functional facility that accommodates a diversity of activities, providing quality family entertainment to the residents of Northwest Arkansas. A rodeo ready facility, the Multi-Use Event Center will provide year round animal and equine, educational, entertainment and agricultural experiences, while giving back through youth scholarships, educational opportunities for youth of all ages and a positive economic impact to Northwest Arkansas.
Expanding on the very successful and nationally recognized “Rodeo of the Ozarks”, the Rodeo of the Ozarks Event Center, with an expanded staff, will:
- Attract major equestrian and livestock shows and educational events for persons of all ages and abilities; providing a means for the promotion of horseback riding as a healthful and relaxing activity and providing educational programs for all individuals utilizing horses to facilitate growth, learning and healing;
- Provide family oriented events, such as automobile and truck competitions; concerts; carnivals and circus performances, in the facility’s fun, family friendly atmosphere while ensuring a safe and controlled environment for everyone;
- Continue to host the Springdale Christmas Parade and the annual Easter Egg-Extravaganza as well as partnering with the Downtown Springdale Alliance on other activities that promote the area;
- Anchor the east end of the Springdale downtown renovation project with significant cosmetic improvements to the grounds and structures resulting in new events which support long-term sustainability.
- Become a worthy addition to the growing Northwest Arkansas amenity roster, as improvement to the grounds and structures are completed and program offerings are expanded, providing volunteer opportunities to civic organizations and funding of many regional charitable causes.
- Provide for the extension of a trail along the west and south sides of the complex that connects the Event Center to the Jones Center, downtown Springdale and the Razorback Greenway;
- Maximize revenue and economic impact to Northwest Arkansas as a year round event center, marketed destination, professionally managed with first-class service.
Stadium Immediate Needs
- Replacement of the Bleachers located on the east side of the arena
- Construction of New Restroom & Ticket Office Buildings
- Covered Rodeo Arena
- Wash Bay & Stable Addition
If you are interested in more information or would like to find out how you can contribute, please contact the rodeo office at 479-756-0464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Springdale Benevolent Foundation is a non-profit 501(C)3 organization.